Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Trip to Florida

Day 1: Travel Day
Nothing to report from here. Flights were on time and uneventful, a rarity if you are flying with me. We also took a test ride on our hotel's lazy river, ate some awesome sea food and wandered Downtown Disney.

Day 2: Animal Kingdom
We woke up early, ate breakfast, and headed over to Animal Kingdom. Tanner wasn't sure what lay ahead but he seemed pretty excited. The day ended up being very very hot and humid but that was pretty much the whole story across most of the nation.

We went on a safari and saw tons of cool animals up close, Nate, Angeline, and I rode Mount Everest a pretty AWESOME roller coaster that goes forwards and backwards in the dark, took a well deserved afternoon nap, went to the Rain Forest Cafe for dinner, and went shopping at the biggest and coolest Disney Store.

As you can see Tanner was not digging the heat or the animals, the look on his face said it all........"get me outta here"











Here are some of the cool animals we saw.

















































And more of Tanner, Nate, and Grandma Coleman being hot and miserable.












Eventually he just went to sleep.












Day 3: Magic Kingdom

On the third day we went to The Magic Kingdom which is by far my most favorite park at Walt Disney World. There we ate breakfast with Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Eyore, and Tigger, rode some rides, watched a parade, avoided as many lines as possible, and enjoyed anything that was air conditioned.

The kids were all dressed for the day. Emma all dressed like Cinderella, Tal in all is Mickey and Lightening McQueen gear, and Tanner in his Mickey Mouse Shirt (thanks Grandma and Grandpa Thornley).
























Tanner didn't seem too interested in any of the characters at breakfast until Tigger should up. As many of you know he is Tanner's favorite stuffed animal, so when he came over Tanner was all smiles, wanted to touch him, and was so distracted I don't think we got one picture of him looking at the camera. Oh well, it is a memory that will stay with me forever.































































We rode Pirates of the Caribbean twice, Haunted Mansion, Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride, and It's A Small World. I think Tanner's favorite was Small World because by the end he was singing along with his own la-la-las.

The day ended at the Phillar Magic show. Tanner seemed fine with the music and lights until he got sprayed in the face with water. It pretty much was the straw that broke the camels back.....at that point he had had enough. Since I was stuck in the middle of a row I couldn't decided if I try to get out or stay put through the rest of the show. I opted to stay put and Tanner proceeded to scream through the rest of the show, walking out of the show, and all the way to his stroller. Poor kid was hot, tired, and over stimulated so Nate, Julie, and I called it a day. We went back to the hotel for a nap and some pool time.

Later that night Tanner stayed with his Grandparents and Nate and I went back to hit up some big kid rides like Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain.







































Day 4: Aquatica
Matt and Angeline had heard from friends who live in Orlando that Sea World's water Park, Aquatica, was the place to go. So we went. There were tons of cool water slides, two lazy rivers, wave pool, and kid playgrounds. Tanner seemed undecided about the whole thing and eventually fell asleep. I unfortunately didn't get any pictures because I was nervous about my camera and all the water.

Day 5: Relax Day
On the final full day on vacation we shopped at Downtown Disney and the boys made stop at the Orlando Harley Shop. We then relaxed in the hotel.....we were going to go to the pool but that afternoon it rained.

This day was also our three year wedding anniversary so that night Julie and Denny were so sweet to take Tanner so Nate and I could go to dinner.
We ate a Maggiano's a family favorite and finished the night drinking our traditional Coca-Cola from glass bottles, just like the night we met.

Happy 3 Years!










Day 6: Homeward Bound
We flew home to St. Louis after surviving one of the longest waits through security and a flight delayed by thirty minutes. Still a pretty uneventful travel day.

We definitely enjoyed our Coleman Family Summer Vacation! It has left us with lots of great memories :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time, Jasmine! I am glad you got to go on vacation and relax and enjoy! You have such a cute family! I love your blog! Hope all is well! Thanks for keeping us updated and I hope you get the picture thing figured out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete