Saturday, July 9, 2011

Nate's Birthday

Nate hit the jackpot on his birthday with a pretty awesome acoustic guitar from yours truly and second row tickets to the Cardinals vs Diamondbacks game from his mom and dad.

He loved the guitar and has since bought a set of harmonicas and a neck harmonica holder. His plan is to be able to play songs that have harmonica and guitar parts. He is a self taught harmonica player and is getting better every day. He is so musically talented that some days I get pretty jealous.









Yesterday was the big outing to the baseball game. We left Tanner with friends and had a night with just the two of us. The seats Nate's parents had given him were amazing. We were so close to the action, in fact, Nate became part of the action during the 9th Inning going for a foul ball. Unfortunately he didn't end up with it but he made quite the show for the tv cameras hanging upside down over a railing down the center of the stairs. He did at least touch the ball for a split second, a moment he is proud of. We were also so close and right behind home plate that we could be seen on Fox Sports Midwest during the entire game and you could see us when they showed clips of the game on ESPN. That's right, Nate and I are famous..... :)

I apologize for the quality of pictures, Nate didn't think I should take my camera but we soon discovered hoe bad an idea that was. So, all the pics were taken by my phone and therefore not a great quality.


Nate and I before the game






Nate with the view from our seats






Fred Bird






Pic from the game

I think that even though Nate is a little bummed that he is getting closer and closer to thirty with each passing year he would say that this was one of the best birthdays ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment