We parted ways and Nate, Tanner, and I headed into St. Louis to our favorite ice cream place, Ted Drewes. It was there that we met up with one of my dear friends from back in Utah; Jeneca and he husband Kyle. Kyle is working this summer as an intern for Walmart in Arkansas so they decided to tour St Louis for the holiday weekend. It was so fun to see her and meet her husband and introduce her to the two men in my life. It was super funny to reminisce about all the years we danced and went to school together and talk about our future dreams.
The next morning we woke early to take Tanner to his Grandparents and then head up to Lake Carlyle. We spent the day with Andrew, Katie, Jed, Becky, are their two kids riding in tubes, swimming, and attempting to wakeboard. Jed is a pro at wake boarding but I am pleased to report that Nate and I both got up for our first time. Nate could cruise longer once up but I still got up for a few seconds. I also attempted to ride the tube for the first time with Katie, it was a crazy experience and many of the things that happened will remain between me and Katie but I can assure you that we had a blast!

Nate up and cruising like a pro

One time I got up

Jed showing off his mad skills

Jed was a mad man on the tube and Nate was a brutal driver

Katie trying to capture Andrew's attempt at wake boarding

Jed and Trey. Trey loved the tube, he would go out all by himself.

Our fearless leader and driver for the day. Thanks honey!!

Brooklyn and Trey loved Andrew
The next day was Sunday and after church we played games with Katie and Andrew. Since we played late into the night Tanner and Olivia were put to bed together in Tanner's crib. He is much more mobile than Olivia since he is three months older, so the sleepover ended early when he had scooted down and was kicking her and they both woke up.
The 4th started with the ward pancake breakfast. Tanner and I then went to the city pool with Katie and Olivia while Andrew and Nate went to hit balls at the driving range. The boys then met up with us for a bit before we all headed our separate ways for BBQ's. We headed off to Matt and Angeline's were we had lots of yummy food and burgers with Kasey, Molly, and their two daughters, Derek, and Grandma and Grandpa Coleman.
We finished off the day with the Washington City Fireworks. Nate always seems to get a great parking spot at the crowded park for this event and I managed to scope out a perfect spot to lay out the blankets. Tanner loved the 30 minute show and was mesmerized by all the bright colors. The finale startled him but after a reassuring glance up at mom and over at dad he was just fine. Since he loved the fireworks so much I have added that to my list of things to do with Tanner while in Florida in two weeks.
I think all parties here at the Coleman house had a super fun and wonderful weekend.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Awe! Thanks hon! It sounds like you had an awesome weekend! It was so good to see you!
ReplyDelete