As if traveling with a three month old for the first time wasn't hard enough the airport was not a pleasant experience in STL or SLC. Tanner and I got to the St. Louis Airport in plenty of time to get thru security and get to our gate. To paint the picture of what a feat this was picture me with baby in a travel system (car seat/stroller system), camera bag, diaper bag, and a stroller bag (a bag that fits the stroller and car seat so it doesn't get banged up). So I had made it thru security with removing everything electronic or liquid from my bag, taking off all jackets (mine and Tanner's), my shoes, taking apart and folding stroller, and sending all of the above thru the scanner. I was so sweaty (gross I know, but the truth) by the time I got to the gate I was pretty impressed with myself and feeling good. The gate attendant person announced we would begin boarding in 15-20 minutes. I thought this would be a good time to load the stroller and car seat into it's handy bag and just car Tanner down the jet way (or causeway??). Ten minutes later the gate attendant announced because of issues with the plane we would be moving gates.....all the way to the other end of the terminal where we would board immediately. It was way too much work and time to get the stroller back out, so I proceeded to drag everything while carrying a baby down to the new gate. Luckily I had a bit of assistance from some sweet traveling college gals. Once in the air the flight was great and Tanner slept the entire time.
Once in Utah Tanner and I spent our time watching Eliza play softball for Viewmont High School (Go Vikes!!), eating Cafe Rio, seeing some of my friends, visiting family, and just enjoying time with my family.

Eliza Pitching JV

Tanner snuggling up during the game, it was 75 in STL but freezing in SLC

Nothing like a little Cafe Rio

Pic with my BF Kylee, it was so good to see her, her sweet hubby, and her mom
When my parents got back my mom and dad watched Tanner one day so I could go get a haircut (it had almost been a year, I am awful I know). Another day my mom and I went shopping and to lunch in SNOW! (Some days I don't miss the long Utah winters).
After a fun ten days with my family it was definitely time to go home. That is way too long to be away without Nate. Little did I know the real adventure was about to begin when my family dropped me at the airport.
First my dad and the check in lady got into a fight about paying to check my bags (since my dad bought my ticket he used an AMEX, so I could have free checked bags) then those bags were to heavy so I had to repack everything right there in the airport. After that the fam walked me to security where good byes were given and tears shed. My family waited while I made it thru security which resulted in a stubbed toe, and a security lady yelling at me for taking to long to get my stuff off the ramp/belt thing after it went thru the scanner. HELLO! DO YOU NOT SEE THE BABY AND ALL MY STUFF!!!!!! The second major problem was when I got to my gate the flight was delayed 30 minutes, that 30 minutes went to 2 hours and then 3 1/2 hours, and finally 4. Poor Nate and I were having a hard time figuring out what time he was going to need to pick me up. I ended up landing at 2:30 in the morning which meant we arrived home by 4:30am.
Luckily my sweet baby Tanner played on a blanket until bed time and slept all the way home. He is such a trooper and a much better traveler than mommy (I was so on edge by the time I got home).

Sweet boy sleeping on the plane
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:
Post a Comment