When we found out we were having a boy I was stressed finding bedding because I just did not like animal themed stuff, I thought sports stuff was the obvious choice, and anything that was brown and blue or brown and green appeared a little too feminine and something he couldn't grow into. So when I saw this airplane bedding at Pottery Barn I fell in love....the bedding was no longer going to be made tho so some of the pieces were a little tricky to find and my grandma ended up making the two airplane quilts to match the pieces I could find. I am so pleased with how everything came together from the blue/gray paint, mobile, bedding, furniture, lamps, curtains, quilts, and chair. I love spending time in his room during feedings, playtime, and story time. I have really embraced being the mommy of a little boy and I love it.
Wood Airplane mobil.
My favorite seat by the window and book shelves.
The cool arched door that leads into the room.
Cool cloud and airplane decal.
And an upset Tanner.....I was messing with my camera (still trying to figure it all out) and Tanner became pretty sad that I wasn't holding him.....he knew it wasn't bed time just yet :)
The theme for the kid's bath started with this hooded frog bath towel that Nate thought Tanner just had to have......it just exploded from there with bright green paint, more frog towels, frog shower curtain hangers, frog bath mat, and green soap dispenser, and toothbrush holder. The vanity in the bathroom was the terrible white pickled oak from the 80's or early 90's and was just awful but with a new baby on the way we didn't want to spend money replacing it so I refinished it. With some Kilz, dark brown paint, silver knobs, and a little elbow grease it turned out beautiful! It looks just like the dark brown cabinet we would have loved to replace it with for just $30.00. Can you tell I am pretty impressed with myself? :)
The towel that started it all.
Shower curtain hangers.
More frog and bug towels.
The awesome vanity I refinished and the frog bath mat :)

I've decided that one day when I have the money I'm going to hire you to decorate my house. The end. O and tanner is pretty darn cute, I love all that hair!!
ReplyDelete