12/19/2010 at 12:47 PM
6 lbs 8 oz
19 3/4" Long
From day one of my pregnancy Tanner has measured dead on to the day at every ultra sound and my due date has never changed. Although I have been having contractions on and off for two weeks there was no sign of this boy showing up early. But like clock work on Sunday at 12:35 AM I woke up in the middle of a contraction. I got up to walk around and suspected my water had broken even tho there was not a puddle or lots of water like everyone says. At 1:00 AM I woke Nate up to start timing my contractions and they were coming every 3 1/2 minutes. At 2:15 AM I called and talked to a nurse in L&D (Labor and Delivery) to see if she thought this was the real deal and if I should come in. She suggested that I go in and they could run a test to see if my water broke and confirm if these contractions were the real deal. So, Nate and I packed our bags and off we went. I must say that our drive to the hospital was anti-climatic because we live 2 blocks away, we could almost see our house from the hospital room. At 3:00 AM the nurse confirmed that my water had broken, I was 3-4 cm dilated and we were going to have this baby in the next 24 hours. Around six in the morning they checked me again and I was 5-6 cm dilated and they asked if I want an epidural. My answer "Heck Yes!" The contractions were getting a bit more painful and I was all about remaining comfortable. After receiving the epidural my blood pressured tanked to a lovely 80 over 55 scaring everyone, my blood pressure then caused Tanner's heart rate to drop.....because of this the doctor & nurse spent the next few hours trying to get us all evened out. With some extra medicine in the IV and me laying curled up on my left side Tanner and I were finally in a place where the doctor started pitocin to speed up the labor. At 11:15 I was 8 cm dilated and back on the path to delivery. Around noon I started feeling pressure and kept asking Nate what time it was and what time the nurse was going to be back to check me......Nate finally went out and got the nurse. She came in and said I was 10 cm and ready to go. At that point things got crazy with people wheeling in equipment and preparing the room for the main event. After 15-20 minutes of pushing little baby Tanner arrived.
It is such a miracle and he is such a cute, calm, little boy. Everything about him is long and skinny....toes, hands, legs, and feet.....and he is his Daddy's boy; curly hair, dark eyes, long skinny chicken legs, and the signature dimple in the chin. I think the only thing he has that is mine is the signature Christensen "double chin." :) There were a lot of babies at the hospital the day I delivered and Tanner was the smallest....the pediatrician then proceeded to ask me when my actual due date was, he was shocked to hear that I had delivered right on time.
We are both so glad to have our little man here for Christmas and are enjoying every moment of being new parents. Here are a few pictures so enjoy!
Mommy holding Tanner right after he got all checked out after birth.

My two favorite boys.....Daddy and Tanner







Jasmine! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Tanner is adorable! My mom told me the good news the day he was born. I'm excited to see more pictures. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHe is beautiful, Jasmine! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete