Late Wednesday morning we packed up Angeline's Denali and the six of us (Matt, Angeline, Emma, Tal, Nate, and I) headed north east to Chicago for the National Fire Sprinkler Association Conference. The drive was not bad at all, we stopped for Pizza at Imo's and watched Toy Story 1 & 2.
Chicago is such a beautiful city with great architecture and anything you could possibly want to do, eat, or see at your finger tips. Since the boys were in meetings most of the time the girls and kids had fun shopping, going to the park, and having brunch at the American Girl Doll Store. I had not been to the American Girl Doll store since I was very little so it was so fun to be back there. I felt like I little kid in a candy store. My niece, Emma got to pick out a doll for here birthday and she ended up getting Molly, the doll from the 1940's. While at the store I learned that my doll had been retired which was sad but now I am determined to bring my doll out to Missouri when I drive back to Utah for a week in July so Emma and I can get our play on.

The trip was pretty quick but we all had a blast eating deep dish pizza, going to Navy Pier, and enjoying the sites of the city.
Since Nate and I rode up with his brother's family we had to strap some luggage to the roof. As we began to head down the road on our way home some of the straps tying the luggage down started banging on the roof. Matt and Nate were not going to have that sound annoying them all they way home and heaven forbid we pull over and delay our journey home, so Nate crawled out the sunroof and proceeded to tie down the straps better. Safety first and isn't Uncle Nate setting a great example :)




No comments:
Post a Comment