So, after much thought and contemplation I have decided to join the blogging world. I must say that living 1500 miles away from most of my friends and family, being a known blog-stocker, a horrible photo taker, having a weakness at journal writing, and wanting something to wean me off of Facebook has prompted this but I think it is going to be a very good thing. My goal is to post at least once a week the happenings of the Coleman's so hopefully you, my audience, can hold me to it.
So I better give a brief introduction for all you soon to be readers out there. Nate and I meet in December 2007 on a service trip to Mexico sponsored by Southern Utah University. After several teasing comments from me to Nate and Nate throwing me, fully clothed, into a swimming pool, you wouldn't have thought this would turn into anything "serious" but I guess you can say the rest is history.

We were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple on July 22, 2008 and began as many would call, the American Dream. We transfered up to Weber State University, got new full time jobs, bought our first home in Layton, and got a dog....a great dane named Sir Charles.

After 15 months of enjoying many firsts together, developing our home improvement skills, and surviving work, school, and joys of married life Nate was offered a job in St. Louis working in the family business. We sold the house, packed up our belongings and headed 1500 miles east to Missouri. Man was that quite the adventure, our caravan consisted of Nate with the longest Uhaul truck available (a 26 footer) with a car hauler on the back with my car and I brought up the rear in the truck with a 125 lb. furry and wet nosed passenger. To be honest I never want to make that long of a journey that way ever again.
Once arriving in Missouri we moved into Nate's parents basement where we lived out of boxes and suitcases for three months. I was so grateful to be able to spend sometime getting to know, playing, shopping, cooking, and chatting with my mother-in-law, she is one of the most amazing women I have ever known.
On January 8th, 2010 we closed on our new house and since then it has been crazy with moving our stuff in, unpacking the mass of boxes, painting every room (some people have horrible taste in paint colors), and hanging new light fixtures. I love our new home and I am excited to create a book full of new memories with our friends and family there. Hopefully I will have some pictures of it to post soon.
Nate is loving his new job at Engineered Fire Protection and I am currently job hunting, and applying for schools. I have one semester left until I can graduate with my degree in Sociology so I hope I can qualify for instate tuition soon. We are both so excited to be in Missouri and so close to our Coleman Family!
Well I believe that sums it all up folks. Hopefully I will be diligent at keeping this up.

Jasmine! :) I love your blog. So cute. YAy! Welcome to the blogging world
ReplyDeleteI love that you are blogging!! Sounds like you are very happy...I'm SOOOO glad!! :o)
ReplyDelete