Once arriving at the bishop's house they were read the rules of the race which were:
1) No Wallets
2) Everyone must wear the shirt provided (Cammie and Emily Broadbent made the husbands red shirts that said, "I Love My Wife.")
3) You must video your adventure and everyone must be in the video at some point
4) You must use the change provided by your wife to return home with a gift, flower, and a card after completing all your tasks. (Of course my $2.00 was all in pennies and boy was I hearing about it from Nate and all the other boys all night)
5) You have until 6:00 so let the games begin.
The tasks that they had to complete were (I am going to try and remember them all in the right order but I might be a little off ):
1) The bishops house were they got the rules, shirts, camera, and had to turn in their wallets.
2) They had to go to the YMCA and complete to reps on any machine.
3) They then went over to Denny and Julie Coleman's house to make Valentines Day Cards for their wives.
4) They then had to go to Emily and Jesse Broadbent's house to then write a love song. Nate and Jesse played the guitar and Kasey Jensen sang the song they wrote. It was quite the impressive lyrics that I in no way can do justice but maybe I will post the video when I get it.
5) Then they had to go to Schnucks (the local grocery stores in Missouri) and buy whip cream, Angeline in the clue had teased them that is was for when it was dark, they were with their wife and the moment was right. It was really for dessert but we couldn't help ourselves from teasing and taunting.
6) After Schnucks they had to head to the church where they had to pop 100 hundred balloons to try and find the next clue. Inside the balloons there was candy and then some had coupons for prizes like a passionate rub down, a long hug, one long dreamy stare that would either freak you out or make you feel like the sexiest person on the planet, and a few others.
7) After the church they had to head to the Welcome to Washington sign to pick up love letters from each of us and then the clue to head home for dinner.
Between the YMCA and going to make cards at Denny and Julie's they stopped at Lowes and bought us the little flower growing eggs or cups where you just add water and then you grow a flower. They then headed to the dollar store to buy us a gift....of course Nate went in and in a joking tone asked if they had a lingerie section, oh and who knew they did???? I sure didn't, so I wound up with a plaid pair of panties from the dollar store....oh man.
When they arrived home we gave them a prize, a can of whip cream :) and then dinner began which consisted of homemade Cafe Rio Chicken burittos or salad. It was amazing. There was tons of laughs over dinner about the quest we had sent our husbands and then the men telling us that next year they were planning Valentine's Day and a kiddy pool with baby oil would be involved. Oh, those silly boys. The men all surprisingly said they had a great time but thought it could have been a little bit shorter since it took them three hours instead of the planned hour and a half.
Following dinner we watched a movie Emily Broadbent had made with pictures of each couple from when they met, got married, and currently. It was so fun to see how all of our friends looked like when they first met each other. We then watched the video the guys made while on their journey, lucky for them the camera died at a couple points so they didn't have all of it but most of it. There were some great one liners and several moments of noise but no video because some forgot the cap. I have not laughed that hard in a long time.
We then played the Newlywed game. It was fun to see how everyone would answer questions and surprising at how well my husband knew all the other wives. There were several questions or answers the other husbands couldn't get for their wives and Nate knew them dead on, it was very funny. We then ate cheesecake and butterfinger brownie trifle. Let's just say after that night we were all feeling a little bigger then when we arrived.
Here is the pictures of the girls in their pink shirts that say, " I love my husband."

Here is all the boys after they returned in their, "I love my wife" shirts.
And last but not least, Nate and I together in our shirts. Aren't we just so cute??? Haha
We had such a blast with all of our friends. And I love my Valentine! He was such a good sport and earlier that day had gotten me the prettiest bouquet of roses. He is just so thoughtful all the time and I love how everyday together is never without laughter.
Well, I am still needing to take pictures of the house, as soon as the weather can decide not to be so cold and wet. Hopefully that will be sometime soon cause I am sick of this cold.
Hope you all had a Happy Valentines Day too!!!



What a great idea. I might have to steal it next valentines day. You are such a great writer! I sure miss ya and love ya. I'm glad your doing well!!:)
ReplyDelete