Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Camping, Eating, Movies.....and anticipation

I decided it is better late than never to talk about the uneventful happenings of last week. Nate spent friday night out camping with the scouts. Thanks to his calling of Assistant Scout Master we are now proud owners of a tent, propane stove, and fire pit (Not sure this city slicker chick is ever going to use them but I do see it as new additions to our 72 Hour Kit and Food Storage). So I am sure you are all just dying to know what I did with myself while my great husband was out wandering through the wilderness with a bunch of 12 year olds, unfortunately I got nothing. I spent the evening eating the famous thin crust St. Louis style pizza from Imoz's, popcorn buttered to the nines, and left over Valentine's Day chocolate from the Thornley Grandparents while watching movies Nate would not be caught dead watching. Ghost of Girlfriends Past was a predictable, lame, and a dud, while Julie & Julia was not a complete loss but did not help limit my chocolate consumption with a its glorious scenes of amazing food. After confessing what I consumed on a Friday evening I feel the need to defend myself by letting you all know that this is not a normal meal or evening for me. Nate and I have started a new nutrition plan that has us eating better foods and less food in an attempt to just be more healthy. So, all in all I guess you can say I had a little "set back" or "day off" of my nutrition plan but I am pleased to say I am back on and all is well. :)

Well I am excited for this up coming week, Nate has a Project Management Conference in North Carolina next week and I am going along. I love that anticipation of traveling somewhere new and different. Although Nate will be technically "working" and in meetings all day I am not letting that slow me down. I am hoping to make it to the beach (even if it is cold), the Raleigh Art Museum, the Raleigh North Carolina Temple, and hopefully getting some shopping in at some local shops.

1 comment:

  1. Girl! I wish I could have been there and caught a couple chick flicks with you! I love your blog.. and I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete