Our first Christmas celebration was on December 18th with Matt, Angeline, Emma, Tal, Aunt Donna, Julie, and Denny. Since Matt and Angeline's family were going to Utah for Christmas we had dinner, a little devotional, and exchanged presents with them the Sunday before they left. The funniest reaction to the gifts exchanged was Tal. Grandpa Coleman had gotten him an electric train for around the tree which was too big to wrap. He brought it out and Tal was like, "Who is that for?" Grandpa asked, "Who do you think?" Tal said, "Uncle Nate?" Grandpa followed it up with a "Nope, it is for you." Tal responded "Me." The kid was so excited he could not contain himself....he proceeded to pull all the different pieces out of the box and tell us what they were.
That following Friday, December 23rd, I was responsible for getting Julie out of the house while her Christmas present, a baby grand piano got delivered. I drug Julie to Costco, lunch, and Best Buy before finally taking her home. At the time she didn't seem to be too happy I was dragging her all over St. Louis but once she got home and figured out why she wasn't too upset any more. After Nate and I saw her piano we headed back to our house. I walked in the front door and was greeted by Julie's old piano sitting in my dinning room. I was so shocked. Denny had arranged for the people who delivered Julie's new piano to take their old one to my house for my Christmas present. I was so excited!! I have wanted a piano for ages and the fact that I play for the primary and don't have one was difficult sometimes, I obviously didn't practice as much as I should have. So Nate and Denny had fooled me too....I had to get Julie out so I would be gone too. Those tricky boys :)
Christmas Eve we had a musical devotional at our church. Followed by dinner and discussion of the Savior's Birth with Denny, Julie, and Aunt Donna. And of course we had to open our Christmas Eve presents of pajamas!
Christmas Day was a little crazy but so fun. We got up, got ready, and headed to church. Then we came home, changed into comfy clothes, and opened presents. Tanner got so excited when he would get thru the paper and see a toy sticking out. We were then joined by Denny and Julie for brunch. Then we relaxed for a little bit and prepared for dinner with Denny, Julie and the Harris Family at our house. Later that evening Nate and I were talking and we believed that everyone had had a fantastic Christmas. Everyone's gifts to us were so thoughtful and such surprises that we felt it was one of the best Christmas' ever!!
Trying to wrangle Tanner for pictures in his Christmas clothes.
You can hear him now, "No I will not pose for a dumb picture mom."
Dad trying to show him out it is done. This is the best photo I got with my little uncooperative boy. Can you see my piano peeking out from behind them?? :)
Looks like Tanner was a very good boy this year!
All the Cars Movies....yay!
And the most favorite present.....The Fisher-Price Barn!
Nate could not get it out of the packaging fast enough.
My Piano....just finished recovering the bench in this cool olive green geometric fabric. Sorry the quality is poor, I took it with my phone.
We hope you all had a wonderful holiday season too!!


Jasmine, thanks so much. Here is the website where I got all the printables incase you wanted to do the same thing next year!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mommybydaycrafterbynight.com/2012/01/14-days-of-valentines-free-printables.html
I hope everything is going great. Your little boy is SO cute!